Wednesday, May 8, 2013

How Time Flies

Wow.  Hello there.  It certainly has been AWHILE! 

My mom had a birthday on May 2 and my two brothers and I took her to lunch at Joe's Crab Shack (her choice).  Then we went back to her house and had cake.

May 3 was my birthday.  My daughter took a personal day off from her job and we went to IHOP for breakfast.  Then to the Grapevine Mills Outlet Mall to shop, shop, and shop some more.  We had sushi in Southlake, and shopped even more there.  We ended the day with dinner at Cristina's Fine Mexican Food along with some top shelf margarita!  Ole!

I had a wonderful day.

This weekend was Legacy Boxer Rescue's annual picnic for the volunteers.  I got up at 6 am and made baked beans in the crockpot.  Then, we ended up not going (husband suddenly decided he didn't want to go), so I met one of the other volunteers so she could take my baked beans.  I guess I could have gone by myself, but I didn't think of it at the time.  (Slow on the uptake, sigh)

On Sunday, everything was lovely - doing chores such as laundry and bathing the dogs (I washed all four of them!)  Until that afternoon, when we decided to go sit in the backyard and have a beer.  Somehow, Katniss (my foster) and Macadoo (my personal) got into a fight.  End result, trip to the emergency vet, Mac needed stitches in his ear, and our wallet was $719 lighter.

So now it's total separation.  Katniss stays in her crate or in the downstairs bathroom.  She goes out by herself and no longer is allowed to play with her bestie, Libby (my other personal).  Mac is wearing an e-collar (cone collar) and is on pain pills and antibiotics.  It's a bit of work for me, but I don't mind as it keeps the peace.  Both my husband and I still want to help Katniss and enable her to be healthy enough to find her forever home.

So that sums up the time since I've been gone.  Oh, and I got the final page proofs for my October book, so I'm working on them.  And still working on the newest Nocturne. 

TTYL!

No comments: