Friday, January 4, 2013

My Not-Resolutions

I read a lot of blogs and am active on Facebook and occasionally Twitter.  Just about everyone is posting their resolutions for 2013.  I don't normally do resolutions, and if I do they're so vague and non-specific you have to wonder what's the point?

But here's what I resolve to do in 2013 (and yes, some of them are vague!)

Try to train and run a 5.k .  Stop laughing.  Yes, you.  So what if my entire family doubles over with laughter when I say this.  So what if I injured my tendon and can barely wear high heels.  I want to try.  I bought the Couch to 5k app for my I-phone and I'm going to give it a shot.  If my tendon starts hurting, I'll stop.  But at least I want to try.  (Purposely vague, for a reason.)

Try more new music.  Anyone that knows me, knows how much I love music.  And going to concerts.  I've been trying to listen to more Country music as that's a genre I'm not all that familiar with.  And this year I want to attend at least one, super-fabulous, concert.

Exercise more.  Again, purposely vague.  But I need to get up off my behind and reclaim my muscle definition and up my endurance.  Again.

Eat better.  Again, vague.  But I firmly believe you lose weight by eating properly and you get fit in the gym.  So there. 

Get more in touch with my spiritual side.  My leanings are more toward the esoteric.  I need to re-read my Edgar Cayce books, my Gina Cerminara, and try to learn something new every couple of months.

Walk my dogs more.  They love it.  It's good for them.  It's good for me.  'Nuff said.

Try more new recipes.  I love to cook.  Sometimes I'm good at it.  Other times, I'm not.  But I need to venture out from the tried and true and make a few new dishes.  Healthy, of course.

Work on my craft.  I need to get back to reading at least one craft-related writing book each quarter.  Ok, that's pretty specific.  Right now I just started "Writing 21st Century Fiction" by Donald Maass. 

Get out more.  I've become a sort of recluse.  Working from home, I don't interact much with other people.  Maybe I should try attending my local Romance Writers Chapter meetings.  Or something. 

Anyway, that's all I can think of.  For now.  I'm sure there's more. 

No comments: