Friday, June 29, 2012

Friday Freeday

Years ago when my grown daughter was in elementary school, they used to have what they called Friday Freeday.  Which meant each child could bring one toy from home and play with it at recess. This was first or second grade, I think.  I still think of that term, for whatever reason, and it still makes me smile.

Anyway, I made great progress on the novella yesterday.  However, after I shut the computer down for the day and went to the gym, I realized I'd made a mistake in a scene.  I've made the same mistake in the past, so you'd think I'd know better.  Ahem.  Anyway, today I'm going to fix it.  It's a fairly easy fix and I'm glad I realized it before I finished.  I'm very close - about 2300 more words to go until it's done! 

And today is Friday - which is still the end of my work week.  I rarely work on weekends, unless I have a looming deadline.   Back in March or April, I bought a Groupon for Kirby's Steakhouse.  We're going to use it tonight.  I paid $30 for $60 worth of food.  I looked at their online menu and their steaks are HUGE and pricey, so I'm going to see if I can talk Lonnie into splitting one.  We'll see.  Anyway, I get to dress up (yay!) and have a nice steak dinner.

I just looked through my photos and I don't have a photo of a steak to put up here.  Sorry.  The above is from the internet and I can't make it larger - it gets too distorted.

Happy Friday everyone!

No comments: