Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Tuesday, November 1st, 2011

Ahhh, we are finally in November!  The beginning of my favorite time of the year.  The leaves are finally changing and will begin falling.  Often in the early morning, there is a hint of a bite to the air.   I sleep better when it's cool, coffee tastes better, and I can make soups and stews in the crockpot to my heart's content.

My mother finally got to go home from the hospital.  Because it was so late in the day and the hospital is an hour away from me with no traffic, my youngest brother kindly volunteered to go get her.  He delivered her safely to the house and she is still on oxygen, but finally home.  Also, I finished my book, did some last minute tweaks to the ending, and emailed it off to my lovely editor Keyren Gerlach. 

Finally, last night was Halloween!  We love Halloween here.  We decorate and often dress up (though we just wore Halloween t-shirts this year).  We sat outside in plastic chairs before moving in around 7:30.  I bought way too much candy and saw some adorable costumes.  I gave out candy until 8:30 or 9:00 and still have far too many bags left.  I'm going to see if there is somewhere I can donate those, since I sure as heck don't need to be eating them!

No comments: