Saturday, November 12, 2011

Saturday, November 12, 2011

It's Saturday, around eight a.m.  I got up at six with the dogs, like I always do, but instead of going back to bed after I let them out and fed them, I showered and ate breakfast like I do during the week.  My husband left to winterize the camper down at our lake lot and I have the entire house to myself (and dogs) for the rest of the day.  My daughter is meeting me for lunch and I need to buy groceries, but other than that... just me.

I love early morning Saturdays.  Yes, I love sleep, but there's something about the entire day stretching out in front of you that brings me joy.  Especially when there's nothing I absolutely HAVE to do, unlike a work day when I must make a daily word count.  Of course, I'm going to write, but because I want to. 

One thing I am liking about this new longer word count for the Harlequin Nocturnes (80,000-85,000 words) is the way I can really develop the characters.  Go into backstory much more deeply.  Plus there is room for a subplot or two, which I haven't got to do since I wrote the larger books for Dorchester.  It will be interesting to flex my writing muscles a little bit.

Speaking of muscles, this walking cast and limited cardio is messing with my weight.  I've gained 2 lbs in 2 weeks which isn't good, especially around the holidays.  So I'm guessing - no, I KNOW - the only alternative is to cut calories.  Back to writing everything down again.  I may even resubscribe to my BodyBugg.  Still thinking about that one.  Sigh.

Well, with this beautiful Saturday stretching tantalizingly before me, I'm going to sign off for now. 

No comments: