Monday, November 7, 2011

Monday, November 7, 2011

Today is going to be a random thought Monday. 

On Facebook, someone is doing a "thirty days of thankfullness" thing, where every day they post one thing they are thankful for.  I'm guessing they'll do this right up to and through Thanksgiving.  Not a single day goes by that I don't reflect on how thankful I am for my life.  For love, for family, for health, for pets, for material things, for blessings, for music, for that first steaming cup of coffee in the morning, a particular sunrise, the talented sound of a mockingbird.  From this amazing chance I have been given to be a full time writer, to the publisher that publishes me, to the readers who buy my stories.  I am well aware of how fortunate I am and believe me, I don't take this for granted. 

Food.  I love to cook, adore it in fact, and if I had time and the inclination, I'd take a gourmet cooking class or two.  Thus Thanksgiving is one of my absolute favorite holidays - because it's unfettered cooking from scratch - no being lazy on this feast day! 

My mom is home now and slowly recuperating.  She will need all her strength for the battle ahead - chemo and radiation.  I ordered her some Pure Protein Powder and two books on how to eat with cancer.  I pray she will read them and somehow overcome the seven and a half decades of unhealthy eating. 

Lastly, to the Creator, the ONE, I Am who answers prayers.  Thank you.

No comments: