Monday, January 6, 2014

Another Start

It's 2014, a new year already.  Lonnie and I ended 2013 with a nice dinner out for Italian food, then watched the New Year celebrations on TV.

On the first day of 2014, I cooked Prime Rib, black-eyed peas, green beans, cornbread, and rum cake and had my dad and my brother and his girlfriend over.

We've cleared the house of Christmas, and it's time to get to work on the new book.  I turned in the synopsis and, even though it hasn't been approved yet, I've got to start.  It's due 4-1 (and the other book is due 2-1, so I might try to work on two books at a time!)

We had a really chilly dip in temps last night - it was 15 this morning.  Last night I made my favorite collard green-sweet potato-onion-chicken soup and some homemade bread.  It was, as usual, delicious!  We'll be eating it a couple of nights until it's gone.

But today, I'm back to work.  Still trying to figure out an exercise schedule.  But ready to see what this sparkly brand new year will hold!

No comments: