Tuesday, December 17, 2013

So Much

I have a lot of work to do, and this is the worst time of the year for my concentration.  With Christmas a week away, there's a lot to do, and my daily word count suffers.  I'm also a bit melancholy as this is the first Christmas without my mother.  Sure, the last two (2011 and 2012), she was too sick to leave her house, so we went there.  One year we ordered Subway, and last year I think we had cold cuts and sandwiches.

Before she got cancer, it was a big deal with us.  She and Gloria would come over on Christmas Eve and I'd cook a huge meal with a Honeybaked Ham.  I'd decorate (still do) and set a festive table.





 In 2009 we had a rare (for Texas) Christmas Eve snow.  That was the best Christmas Eve ever!





Christmas 2010 was the last one where she was healthy.  The difference was unbelievable.

2010

Last year - 2012

She's been gone nearly 3 months and I find myself missing her at odd moments.


No comments: