Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Relapse?

I thought I'd turned a corner with this cold.  On Sunday, I started feeling normal, even though I still had a bit of congestion.  Then the cold went into my chest, though remaining in my head, so now I've got the double whammy.  This Tuesday, I feel worse than I have since last week.

I miss my mother at odd times.  The weird thing is knowing that I can't pick up the phone and call her.  For the last 20 years or more, we talked at least once a week, for an hour.  

Trying to start a new book, which is normally a fun and happy time for me.  I'm trying to get there - I had one synopsis approved, but I'm having trouble getting into that story, so I emailed my editor to ask her if she minded if I worked on a different story.  Her response "Write whatever you want!"  I love my editor.  She rocks.

My new foster puppy Peyton is the most adorable Boxer puppy I've ever seen.  He gets along great with my personal Boxers and is learning to like his crate and learning how to have rules - today I caught him with one of my shoes!  He adores me and must be wherever I am.  I am so torn with him - I really want to adopt him and make him my forever dog, but then I won't be able to foster again.  And I still have my foster Katniss, who has kidney disease and may be with me awhile.  Such a difficult choice, though if the right family comes along who can give him a better home, I imagine I'll know.  Still, a dog like Peyton doesn't come along all that often.  Such a dilemma!  Part of me has this feeling Peyton is already home.

Things are falling into place for our short Vegas trip.  I'm excited and ready.

And now I have two books started.  I must choose one and write.  I love my job.  

Here's a photo collage of Peyton.  Isn't he adorable?


No comments: