Sunday, October 13, 2013

Rainy Day Sunday

It's a grey and rainy Sunday - my favorite kind.  My husband has a monster cold and I can tell it's making it's way toward me.  I've been taking extra Vitamin C and stuff, hoping to ward it off.

The memorial service for my mother went beautifully.  The setting was gorgeous - pond side at the cemetery where she has her niche.  The urn was made of onyx - green and gold and tan - so lovely.  I spoke and while I choked up a couple of times, I thought it went well.  There was a preacher there and he spoke too.  And in the middle of the service, a huge black crane flew in and landed at the top of a tree on the other side of the lake, spreading its wings and stretching its elegant, long neck.

I felt at peace after.

Today I'm trying to fight off my husband's cold - he's sick and I have a feeling I'm next.  I did laundry, played with my foster dogs and my personal dogs, and tinkered with my book.  Tomorrow, I get back to work.  Life must resume normalcy, and I have a job to do.

Oh, and I booked the airline tickets to Vegas.  And a show  Lonnie and I are going to try and take the trip this year that we were supposed to take last year when he got hospitalized and we had to cancel.  Fingers crossed for good health this year!


No comments: