Thursday, August 22, 2013

My Favorite Time of the Day

I love mornings!  Especially mornings here in Texas, since the summer days often are unbearable.  I love getting up as the sky is growing lighter, but the sun hasn't yet risen.  Outside, the birds are just starting to wake.  Sometimes, the cloud display in the sky is gorgeous, back lit by the coming light.

It's great that I can walk in the morning.  Think about whatever book I'm working on at the time, and about other things.  I feel gratitude more strongly in the morning, and give thanks for my life, my home, my family, my pets, and my friends.  I love my job as a self-employed writer.  Though I sometimes miss my formerly hefty salary as VP of an insurance agency, I don't miss the stress and the time sucking job.

I love that I can be outside when I once was leaving to begin the long drive to work.  I love that I can be with my dogs all day.  And if I get stuck on a part of a book, I love that I can take the time to work it out.

Before this, I spent my days rushing around.  My blood pressure was high and I was miserable.  Even the larger salary can't compensate for that.

That's one of the things I can honestly say is great about being over 50.  I can honestly say I truly know myself and what matters to me in this life.

No comments: