Monday, June 3, 2013

Musing on Monday

Monday rolls around again.  I had a great weekend - Friday night we tried a new restaurant and I had crab legs and oysters on the half shell.  Plus happy hour margaritas.  It was fabulous.  I did a review on Yelp. 

We cooked out this weekend too - healthy stuff.  Chicken on Saturday and salmon on Sunday.  My daughter came over and swam with us.  All in all, I had a great weekend.

Today was my annual physical exam.  Yuck.  I skipped it last year because I hate it so much.  (Not my well-woman, I never miss that.  Just regular physical.).  I had to fast so they could do blood work, and my appointment was at 9:15.  I didn't get out of there until 11 and I'd been up since 5:30.  Talk about STARVING!!! 

I'm also mad at myself.  Mad because I wanted to join a new gym for a change of pace, and let my husband talk me out of it.  Mad because I wanted to try Cross Fit, but couldn't afford it.  Most of all, mad that I can't seem to motivate myself to work out more.  Not just exercise - I walk.  But work out with weights and machines.  Grrrr.

I haven't even written yet today and it's nearly 1pm.  Must finish checking email and then will get to it.  No caffeine from no coffee = headache and cranky.

No comments: