Friday, October 21, 2011

Friday, October 21, 2011

Every now and then, you meet someone who is such an extraordinary person that they leave you in awe.
My mother's surgeon, Dr. D. Rohan Jeyarajah Director of Surgical Oncology, Methodist Dallas Medical Center is such a person.

First off, the man is a whirlwind.  He seriously vibrates with energy and passion.  After seeing him for the the past three days, he reminds me of a rock star.  He breezes into the room surrounded by his entourage - he always has an entourage consisting of another doctor, a resident, a medical student, and last night an oncology nurse.  He is warm and personable rather than arrogant.  One gets a sense that he actually cares.  Last night after he visited with my mother and gave us all the results of the pathology report, he glanced at me and then hurried over and took my hand and asked me if I was all right.  I almost cried, but managed to tell him yes, thank you. 

He is the doctor who repaired the tear and he is the doctor who will perform the Whipple Surgery once the radiation shrinks the tumor.  He says that God will guide his hand.  I like that.  I have never met a doctor like him before.  I would trust him with my life and I am trusting him with my mother's.

Here's a link to an article from D Magazine where they asked him about one of his toughest cases.
http://www.dmagazine.com/Home/D_Magazine/2010/November/Dallas_Doctors_Toughest_Cases.aspx?page=2

No comments: