Monday, August 26, 2013

Manic Monday

It's the last week of working on The Wolf Siren.  The previous week, I knuckled down and wrote 10,758 words.   That's a lot for me.

I have to do less than that this week to make my word count, then I've got to go back and ramp up the descriptions.  And then - I can turn it in!

Last year at this time, I was working on The Millionaire Cowboy's Secret and the Friday before Labor Day was when I, having just gotten Dropbox, managed to over-write a file and went from "Yay, I'm finished. Gonna have a beer!"  To "Scream, curse, curse.  I can't believe this.  I just deleted the last two chapters!"

I'd scheduled a pool party and cookout at my house for the Sunday before Labor Day.  I cancelled that and spent the weekend rewriting the last two chapters from memory.  I'll never know if they were as good - or better - than the first two.

I do know one thing.  I will NEVER make that mistake again.

And once again, I've invited my brother and his wife over to swim and cook out.  Only this time, I'm positive I will be able to enjoy the day.



No comments: