Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Random Wednesday

Well, it's true summer here in North Texas.  Supposed to be triple digits by tomorrow.  And more humid than normal - some days I feel like I'm in Houston instead of DFW! 

The dogs have been swimming - so has Lonnie.  Steph and I dipped ourselves in the pool, but no real swimming yet.  We haven't been to the lake place AT ALL - which has never happened since we've owned it (six years now!).  The  lake is super low - 7 feet below normal - and our cove is dry.  Plus we have Katniss, who doesn't get along with my Mac Macadoo, and we'd have to take two cars, bring a cage, and go through a lot just to sit around and camp on a dry cove.  So... we've elected to stay home and use our pool.

I've been working on a book I'm calling The Wolf Siren.  It will be out in February 2014.  It's been one of the most enjoyable books I've ever written, despite all the craziness going on around me. 

Oh, and after spending countless hours perusing different vacation options - Europe got ruled out due to cost and length of time in the air - Hawaii, same thing - I narrowed it down to three options.  We could fly into DC, rent a car, and tour DC and Pennsylvania.  Or we could do an all inclusive resort like thing at some tropical location.  Or finally, we could take another cruise.  We've cruised to Alaska (best. cruise. ever.) and to Jamaica, Grand Cayman, and Cozumel.  The other two options from Galveston were Belize and Cozumel, or Key West, and the Bahamas.  Since we thoroughly enjoyed cruising, I've booked another one!   And I have a house-sitter/dog-sitter lined up, plus I've requested a foster-sitter through the rescue for Katniss.  I'm ready to go. 

And I need time away more than I can say. 

No comments: