Wednesday, December 26, 2012

After Christmas

What a holiday!  Here in Texas, we had snow on Christmas Day.  Sure, it wasn't much, but we had a white Christmas which was absolutely amazing. 


I took all of last week off from writing, though I was so busy it didn't really feel like a vacation.  I cooked and shopped and wrapped and bathed dogs.  Then on Christmas Eve I visited my mother and had a meal with her.  We got home and stopped at Chili's later, where I had my traditional Christmas Eve Margarita.


And then we drove around and looked at Christmas lights.

During that night, it began to thunder and pour rain.  Then in the wee hours of the morning, it hailed.  When we got up Christmas morning, it was raining.  Gradually, that became freezing rain and sleet.

And then.... SNOW! 


Unfortunately as the temperatures continued to drop, the slush became ice and my family had to leave fairly early due to possible icy roads.  We'd planned to watch a movie with my daughter after all the festivities, but she had to head home.  My husband and I rented Men In Black 3 and truly enjoyed watching it while sitting next to a roaring fire in our fireplace.

I had a wonderful holiday this year.  Family, food, presents, and snow.  What more could one ask for?

Now I need to get back to work.  Unfortunately, I'm still exhausted.  I did begin sketching out a synopsis.  I need to fill in the blanks and begin the first chapter.  But for now, I'm taking it easy.  Drinking hot tea and looking out at the snowy landscape. 


No comments: