Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Thankful Tuesday

Yesterday I worked all day on Line Edits for my next Nocturne The Wolf Prince (out in April 2013). 

Yesterday my Mom was told that her cancer still has not spread out of her pancreas - the Chemo is working at keeping it at bay!

Today my husband left before eight to drive to Conroe, TX to attend the funeral of his Aunt Ethel, one of the sweetest people I've ever met.  I couldn't go because I not only have to watch the dogs, but I have to pack for my trip tomorrow.  My flight leaves at 8:30 am. 

Today I am packing.

It's been funny thinking about what to wear.  At first, I agonized over dress slack and blouses, and then on the conference email loop, everyone started talking about what they were wearing.  Jeans and colored jeans and Chico Travelers pants.  Sneakers and flats.  Sweaters and comfy clothes.  Since I'm a Taurus, comfort is VERY important to me.  While I don't have any Chico's and can't really run to the mall right now, I do have jeans.  And colored jeans.  So packing is going to me MUCH easier.

I can't wait to get started!

And the weather.  Yesterday here in Texas it was nearly 90.  Hot and humid and I was not amused.  In New York, the high's will be in the low 60's - much, much, much better for me.  I do love me some Autumn. 

Though it's going to be a long travel day (one hour layover in Phillie), I'm looking forward to having the room all to myself - a treat, even though I'm going to miss seeing my friend Stephanie Doyle.  She had to cancel for personal reasons.  I'll also miss my husband and my three dogs.  Sniff. Sniff.

Other than that, I'm ready to go!  Lot's of stuff to learn, other writers to see and mingle with, so I can come home educated and inspired and ready to get back to work writing! 

No comments: