Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Inspiration

It's midweek and yesterday when I was taking a break from the grueling rush to finish my next Harlequin Romantic Suspense book, I read my "Work Out Horoscope"  It made me laugh because it was so startlingly accurate.  To paraphrase " Taurus, you're not a big fan of movement - any movement.  To you, the best exercise is reclining on a chaise lounge chair on the beach with an umbrella drink."  Yep.  That's me.  It went on to say "Hire a personal trainer.  That's the only way you'll ever get motivated."

So true.  In part.  Because I DID hire a personal trainer - several of them, in fact.  I worked out with one off and on for almost three years.  Now I know what I have to do and can no longer afford to shell out that kind of money (No more day job), and yep - I'm not nearly as faithful to my workouts.

But I did find another source of motivation.  My pedometer.  $22 at Amazon.  Made my Omron.  Love that thing.  Love it, love it, love it. 

My goal  is 10,000 steps a day.  I really have to push myself to make it.  I walk 1,000 steps right after breakfast (circling the pool), 1,000 at lunch, and 1,000 after dinner.  Sometimes I bump it up to 1500.  Adventurous, that's me.  When I do make 10,000, I'm SO happy.  Ridiculously happy.

Oh, and I'm almost done the book.  I'm hoping to finish by Friday so I can read it over the weekend and tweak it.  My lovely editor just let me know that my proposal for the next Pack Harlequin Nocturne looks like a go, so I'll have to slide right into that.

But... but... I have another book I want to write.  A YA (Young Adult).  I have the concept and all.  Finally.  So I'm going to try and Fast Draft the Nocturne AND the YA.  We'll see.  I've been promising my agent for YEARS now that I would send her something else to sell beside my catergory novels.  She started out representing me on Single Titles, and she's really good.  So I hope to get this YA book secretly written by the end of the year. 

Oh M Gee!  I said it out loud.  There.  A new goal. 

Better get back to it. 

No comments: