Tuesday, May 29, 2012

I'm Melting, I'm Melllllting....

Not to say that I'm a witch (though some would disagree with me there), but this Texas heat is killing me.  I've lived here now for over 30 years and I've NEVER been able to get used to the summers.  They start in May.  Sheesh.  Even with a pool, it's still too damn hot to be outside.  Just venting.

Anyway, I went to the lake place on Friday.  We left Friday morning (thus my lack of a blog that day) and came home today (Tuesday).  Now I'm doing my usual catching up - laundry and emails and food - and stressing.

But we had fun.  Got sun, swam, fished, boated, drank beer, listened to music, danced under the stars, you name it.  My brother and sister-in-law joined us on Saturday and stayed until Sunday, which was fun.   We grilled burgers and took them all around the lake, including the marina bar where we had a beer. 



After they left, we boated some more, fished, swam in the lake, cooked T-bones on the grill  We also fished from out dock - the lazy fisherperson's way.



It was really, really hot.  And windy.  Sunday afternoon, we loaded the boat up and hung out around the camper. 

Here's my girl Libby in her first lake picture.


Anyway, I hope to get back into the swing of things.  But tomorrow I have to go to a funeral - I got the sad news that a woman I worked with for almost 15 years passed away on Sunday.  She was the same age as my mom and she died from Pancreatic Cancer - the same kind my mom has. 

I still have tons to do to catch up around the house, and I'm tired and sunburned and trying not to stress too much. 

I'm going back to the Fast Draft writing hopefully tomorrow.

No comments: