Thursday, March 22, 2012

Thursday, March 22, 2012 Music To Write By

Sometimes I like to write in silence, totally lost in my world with my people.  Other times, I make each book a soundtrack and obsessively play it every single time I sit down to write.  Other times, I play random songs on my ITunes, sorting by Genre or Artist.  Today, though I haven't seen the move yet (but will, I promise you!), I bought the Soundtrack to The Hunger Games.  Lots of new (to me) artists and exactly the kind of dramatic music I love to write to.  Sometimes.  It varies.

Anyway, I'm still holding to my 2000 word a day thing, but I still would like to increase that output so I have time to edit at the end before turning the book in.  I cannot WAIT to finish this book.  Cannot wait.

Then it's back to exercising and weight lifting and burning calories and toning muscle.  Though I miss having a personal trainer to direct me, I miss working out more than I would ever have thought possible.  Also, this summer I'm going to buy some googles and try swimming more in my pool.  Like Liz at one of my favorite blogs http://one-twenty-five.tumblr.com/

Anyway, I'm a bit behind this morning due to oversleeping my non-alarm and being groggy for some reason.  Gotta get with it and get to work.

No comments: