Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Ok.  I kept to my 1300 calories yesterday AND went to the gym for 45 minutes.  I warmed up for 10 on the elliptical, then did leg machines (3 sets of 3) for 20 minutes (using 4 different machines).  I also did 30 crunches, then 10 each with one leg up (working the obliques).  Then I did 15 minutes of intervals on the recumbant bike.  Intervals are brief periods of going full out followed by a shorter rest period.

I felt fantastic after, even though my legs were wobbly.  Today I'll work on arms and back, plus keep up the cardio.  On the plus side, I lost a pound already.  If I can lose 1-2 pounds a week, which is a safe, healthy rate, I'll be at my goal weight within 2 months. 

Also, on the writing front, I'm reworking the book (The Wolf Prince).  Basically, I created a second file, kept the opening, and moved everything else to a storage file.  I can pull stuff from it as needed.  Even though I've already written 165 pages, I could not for the life of me get back into that book.  One month of deep revisions on The Cop's Missing Child and when I came back to this one, it was like ???? WTF???? 

So this is the method I'll use.  Hopefully I won't lose too many of the already written words, but if I do, I do.  So be it.  I'm going to have to ask for an extension, which hopefully won't be a problem since the book isn't scheduled until 2013. 

My sweet Boxer puppy Liberty Belle (Libby) gets spayed today.  I had to drop her off at the vet at 7am.  I couldn't sleep, so I got up at 5 and showered.  I love her so much.  I can call after 3 and see how she'd doing - my vet does surgeries from 11-2 or something.  They want her to stay overnight, but I'd prefer to bring her home.  I asked and we'll see what my vet says.

No comments: