Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Tuesday, January 17, 2012

I'm listening to The Band Perry and writing, loving life.  Earlier today, I purchased a Long Term Care policy, ensuring that my daughter will not have to make any difficult decisions when I get old.  I saw very clearly the need for this with all I went through with my Dad and his wife.

I got my Rita books today.  For those of you who aren't writers, every year Romance Writers of America has a contest for published books, kind of like the Oscars for movies.  They're called the Ritas.  Everyone who enters has to judge another category.  I got my books today and have already started to read them (at lunch.)  I always find this exciting as sometimes I discover a new author to love. 

A cold front finally blew in and I watched the outside temp drop 20 degrees in the space of a few hours.  I'm actually glad - it IS January after all.  This 70-80 degree stuff is just WRONG! 

I went back to the gym yesterday for the first time in what felt like forever - I think nearly two months since I started physical therapy.  I found to my surprise that I didn't want to go, but I forced myself and I'm glad I did.  I only did a half hour of cardio (exercise bike and elliptical - my ankle won't allow much more).  Easing back into it.  Today I'm going to do some weights.  I need to get back on the ball. 

And with that, I'll bid you adieu for now.  Back to revisions. 

No comments: