Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Tuesday, September 20, 2011

It's Tuesday and the morning air (at 1:00 am, 4:00 am, and 6:00 am) has a delightful nip to it.  This gives me hope that autumn will soon make an appearance.  Besides that though, I am exhausted.  A new baby puppy is a LOT of work.  Because it's been five years since my last dog was a pup, I'd sort of forgotten this part of it.  Or rather, I'd remembered but in a fuzzy, hazy, yeah it was bad, sort of way.

She is cute and I love her.  She's a bundle of energy, teeth and barks and does everything full out, including when she crashes.  My other boxer loves her (at least when she's not nipping at him) and my Mini Schnauzer despises her with that elder dog passion. 

Between her and working out at the gym every day, I'm sore and tired.  Plus writing and cooking.  But I have to say, I'm a much happier person with this sort of life than I was when I had to go to the day job every day and squeeze in my regular life around that.  Sure, I don't have as much money (as much - heh!  Try no money!), but I think happiness is more important.  I've discovered to my surprise that I don't miss the shopping as much as I thought I would - I may feel differently in October which was my traditional buy an new pair of expensive boots month - but so far it's not too bad. 

I've also gotten addicted to coffee.  As in, I get a headache if I don't get in my two or three cups.

Ah well, these are my musings for the day.  Got to get to work now.

No comments: