Saturday, September 3, 2011

Saturday, September 2, 2011

It's a Saturday, a day I don't usually blog, but I have some wonderful news to share.  On Thursday, I accepted a new, six book contract from Harlequin Books!  This is for three more Romantic Suspense and three more Nocturnes.  I am thrilled beyond words as I love writing for Harlequin and this contract will keep me employed through 2013! 

I called or emailed my family.  My dad, who lives in Boulder, Colorado, sent me flowers.





Last night, my hubby took me out to Red Lobster for a feast.  We always go to Red Lobster to celebrate a new book contract.  The timing was perfect because it's Crab Fest there right now.

I started off with a giant, top-shelf, margarita.


Then we munched on those delicious cheddar bisquits while we waited for our appetizer.


Our appetizer was oysters on the halfshell.  I was so excited to get them that we'd eaten them all before I remembered to take a picture. Sorry about that. 


Then came our salads.  Good thing I was hungry!


And finally, the entreee.  I had the Seafood Bake.  One pound of crab legs, baked scallips, and shrimp.  You can't really see the scallops or shrimp because they're under the crab.  As is the potatoes and corn on the cob.


By the time I finished this meal, I was nearly comatose from food and drink, but we still ordered dessert.  Hey, it was a celebration, after all.  We got apple crumble with ice cream, which we shared.  I totally forgot to take any picture of that, so you'll just have to imagine it. 

What a great way to celebrate a new contract! 

No comments: