Thursday, May 19, 2011

Thursday May 19, 2011

Last post, I told you about my collection of stuffed dogs.  Now, I'd like to tell you a little about my REAL dogs.

I have three.  Because my daughter is grown, my dogs have become my children, in a way.  My fur-babies.

The Boxer to the left is Mac Macadoo.  He's my baby, the youngest dog in my small pack.  He will be five this July.  He's a big-hearted clown, full of energy and mischief.  He's also very smart, and was easy to train.  I honestly think that if I'd had the time and inclination, he would have made an awesome obedience competition dog. 

Mac loves to swim, play frisbee and ball.  Everything he does, he does with gusto - playing, eating, even sleeping.  He's the first Boxer I've ever loved, but he certainly won't be the last.
Another picture of Mac.







Next up is my Mitchell Thomas.  He's the middle child (he'll turn 10 in August) and he's my lap puppy.  He's great to go anywhere, because all he wants is to be with me.  He can sleep on my office chair all day while I work, he loves car rides, playing tug of war, swimming, and most especially watching TV.  Yes!  He loves to watch TV and videos, especially those with animals.  He whines at them, barks at them, and has been known to run up to the TV to try and get them.  I love this little guy so much. 



Here's one more of Mitchell sleeping.



And finally, we have my oldest dog.  Her name is Daisy Mae, and she turned 12 last April.  She has Cushing's Disease and has to take medication, but she can still be fiesty.  Until recently, she was the Pack ruler, but lately since she's slowed down, the Boxer has taken over some of her duties.  She's still fiesty!



And here she is again. 



I love my dogs.  A lot.