Tuesday, July 6, 2010

7-6-2010


I'm back. I promised I'd continue to blog and I want to thank those of you who emailed me saying you love the new website but will miss my blog. You don't have to miss anything. I'm still going to be blogging here.

So the 4th of July is over. My mom made a comment the other day that she associates watermelon with the 4th. I started thinking about it and I associate corn on the cob. Someone else said hamburgers.

What food do you think of when you think 4th of July?

We had a nice time at the lake. I read a whole lot. Fished some, went out in the boat, drank some beer, cooked salmon and pork chops (on separate nights) on the grill. Hung out with my dear husband. Came home on the last day to swim, cook hamburgers on the grill, and hang out with our daughter. Fun times.

Now it's over. The long weekend. I had to get up at 5am and it's 9 am now and I'm still not prepared. I have to face the day. The ordinary day. As do most of you, I'm sure.

The above picture I took at dusk on this past Independence Day, as we were sitting outside waiting for the fireworks to start over the lake.

1 comment:

Anna Adams said...

Beautiful photo!

I'm so glad to see your blog back! :-)