Monday, October 4, 2010

Monday rolls around again. October 4, 2010

I spent the weekend at the lake.  One of the things I refuse to do at the lake is wear a watch. At home, with the daily grind, I’m a virtual slave to the clock. Every single morning, from the time I get up (5 am) until the time I shut off the evening news and go to bed, is regulated.


Not so at the lake.

Here, if I want to sit outside and drink coffee for hours, there’s no reason why I can’t. I can play with the dogs, fish, go out in the boat, watch the sun set, keep my camera out and continue to try to capture the beauty of the huge cranes as they fly over the lake.

Here, I relax. Here, I’m happy.

Even this weekend, with a book deadline in one month and many pages to write, I can sit outside with my Alphasmart or a pad of paper, and write. (Yes, I’m aware that writing this blog is taking time from writing the book, but I felt moved to share this!)

The dogs love it here too. Especially this time of the year when the temperature is reasonable and we can open the windows on the camper and all hang out outside. Our small yard is fenced and they love to roam and explore and play.

I got some new wind chimes. They’re bamboo and they make the most mellow, pleasant sound in the breeze.



My husband loves to putter and fish. I love to fish too, and on weekends when I don’t have to write, write, write, I love to read. I always bring my Kindle, just in case I get extra time.

But right now (write now!) the story is calling me and I’d better get back to it.

No comments: