Thursday, October 7, 2010

Crazy, Writing Fool - Thursday, October 7th

My next Silhouette Romantic Suspense is due November 1st.  Due to many problems with the first draft of 94 pages, I had to start over late last month.  Luckily, the story all came together (or is coming together), since I'm having to write like the wind to finish in time.

This kind of writing is interesting to me.  Because I have no choice but to plant my behind in the chair and write, everything is intensified.  But I know where I'm going (yay for that!) and what the hero and heroine have to learn, and who the bad guys are.  What I DON'T know yet is how they're going to catch them and what to do with one other major character.  But it will come.  I have faith and experience. After twenty-odd books (23?  26? 29?), I do know this much about myself and my writing.

Everything else has been put on hold.  Oh, I have a few obligations, like a couple of booksignings this month for my current book PROFILE FOR SEDUCTION.  If you're in the area, I'll be signing 1-4 at the Borders in Arlington Highlands on October 9th, along with several other excellent authors.  Hope to see you there.

Back to writing for me!  I'm a regular writing fool!

No comments: