Saturday, December 7, 2013

Iced In

This has been the most exciting couple of days.  We've had an ice storm - the kind that, according to the TV weather people, only happens every 10 years.  It's been COLD - the low was 18 last night.  And frozen.  Frozen roads, frozen yards, and a sloped driveway that I had to shovel a path in to get in the garage on Friday.

Here are a few pics.

My backyard.


The icicles from our patio cover




My backyard again



The greenhouse - with two heaters keeping our plants warm



The squirrel feeder.



So we've hunkered down.  I made some beef stew and sourdough bread.  I've been enjoying hot cocoa and a fire in the fireplace.  As have my dogs.

And I've gotten some writing done.

Most of all, this has made me feel more in the Christmas spirit.  I've started my shopping!!!

No comments: