Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Hmmm

Tuesday.  Still sick, but feeling like I might be rounding the corner on the way to getting better.  My husband went and got a new 10 pack of Puffs Tissue and my father came by with something called Cold Eeez.  I actually slept last night and this morning I'm not quite as bad off - Yay!  Still sick, but I can see the wellness.  I took Garlic yesterday as well and drank a big glass of V-8 juice.  Shrug.  Giving my body all the help I can!
This morning I cut up and onion, two stalks of celery, peeled and chopped two sweet potatoes, and put them in the crock pot along with chopped garlic, chopped collard greens, low sodium chicken broth, two boneless chicken breasts, and seasonings.  It will cook all day, then I'll shred the chicken and we'll have a healthy chicken stew.  I've made this three or four times before and it's always yummy.  And for me, there's something theraputic about the act of prepping vegetables.  Not sure why, but I think about my current work in progress and work out plot problems.  So it's all good.

A cold front came through, changing out record tying 89 degrees to 40 with howling winds when I got up this morning.  Our high temp today is only supposed to be in the low 50's.  Much more suited for March, which has always been windy.

Here's a picture from when I made this same chicken stew back in October.  Yumm!

No comments: