Saturday, July 16, 2011

July 16, 2011

It hit 107 yesterday.  Tied for a record.  It's so hot that even my native-Texan, heat-loving husband hates it.

That said, since I'm pretty much stuck inside except for going to the gym, I've been working.  A little.  I found an old story that I'd started awhile back.  It's around 50 pages.  I like it a lot and I'm going back through it and revising.  If it works out, I'm going to make it into three chapters and do a synopsis and send it along to my dear agent to see what she thinks.  If not, at least I'll have been writing and getting reaquainted with those skills after so long a time off.  (Nearly 3 months!!!)

Anyway, even though I posted an entire photo album up on my Facebook page, I promised to post a few more Biloxi pics, so here they are.



Us at the Half Shell Oyster Bar

Fried Green Tomatoes and Crab Cakes at The Half Shell Oyster Bar (can you tell I loved this place?

Outside the Hard Rock Hotel.  Love their sign!


And inside next to a suit that Freddy Mercury of Queen wore to one of his shows.  Queen was one of the bands I loved as a teenager.

That's it for pics today.  I've got some writing to do while hiding from this awful heat.  Talk to you on the other side of this weekend!

1 comment:

K Giardina said...

Hello, Karen. What a lovely little bit of lagniappe: I had lunch today at the Half Shell Oyster House in Biloxi (my office is down the street & I forgot to take a pic) and found your blog when looking for a picture. Now your books are all in my TBR stack. Have a wonderful weekend!
Best regards,
Kim