Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Wednesday January 26, 2011

Those who know me know how important music is in my life.  I go to a lot of concerts and buy a ton of music.  I'm on ITunes a lot and have over 2500 songs on my IPod.  Luckily it holds 30,000. 

I like all kinds of music too.  All genres, from Classical to Rock to Metal to Country to Hip-Hop and even some light Rap. So today I bought a song from Pink called F**kin' Perfect. 

I like this song a lot.  It reminds me of what I was writing the other day, from another song - I'm so much more than meets the eye. 

Pink's song reminds me of how we never think we're good enough, pretty enough, smart enough - whatever enough.  How that can eat you up inside.  I understand it was written to address the issue of teen suicide.  Whatever reason she wrote it, it resonates with me.  It reminds me of how you can look at someone and just meet them and sense the pain behind their carefree veneer.  And once again, this brings me full circle to the book I'm writing right now.

Still writing to music.  The other day it was Seether and Staind.  Today it's Pink and Bruno Mars.  Go figure. 

No comments: