Monday, December 27, 2010

Monday Yet Again - 12-27-2010

It's all over - the celebrations, the family, the food.  The presents are all opened and the poor Christmas tree looks bare once more.  I always feel a little bit sad this time of the year - the week between Christmas and New Years.  Worse, I over-indulge in both food and drink and the scale certainly shows it the Monday after.
Yikes.

So it's back to routine for me.  Up at five, work, gym, then home.  It's cold here and I wish the pounds would just melt off, but you and I both know they won't.  This is the last week of 2010 and next year is going to be a benchmark year for me.  I'll be working out, getting stronger and more fit and ... drum roll ... skinnier.  (Fingers crossed).  I really love my gym and my personal trainer and I have high hopes.  As long as I watch the food.  Sigh.

There is one last over-indulgence coming.  I always make prime rib for New Years Day.  Black-eyed peas too (a southern thing).  But after that, I'm good to go until Valentines Day.  And as long as 90% of my eating is healthy, I'll be okay.

I hope you and yours had a wonderful holiday filled with love and joy and peace.  Looking forward to a New Year. 

No comments: