Wednesday, July 24, 2019

Hello Again - Morning Musings

It's been a long time since I posted here.  I've been blogging once a month over at Romance Gems.  For awhile, I was keeping a private personal journal, but even that has stopped.  But right now, it's my favorite time of day - early morning.  I've let the dogs out and fed them and they and my husband have gone back to sleep.  I've had my yogurt and am sipping on my first cup of coffee.  We're having a cooler than usual summer morning here in Texas and I'll be going outside to walk soon.

It's been a weird time for me lately.  Both my parents are gone now - 6 years for my mother and 4 for my father.  Both were very ill with different things and Lonnie and I took care of my dad until the end.  Now that part of my life has passed and my husband's health is failing.  No one knows what it is.  He's had tests and tests.  He has anemia and no strength.  He can only walk short distances.  When he comes up the stairs, he has to rest.  The other morning he almost passed out.  It's scary and sad and I pray the doctors figure out something.  We're cancelling a cruise we had booked for November because he won't be able to enjoy himself (he doesn't want a wheelchair.)

My first Boxer, my Mac Macadoo, turned 13.  Since Boxer's life spans are considered to be 8-10 years, that's OLD.  My vet told me he has a pancreatic tumor, which is the same thing my mom had.  For Mac, all we can do is love him and watch him and when it's time, set him free.  We've had him since he was 9 weeks old and it's hard to even imagine life without him.  The seasons change.

I've been working out and eating healthy.  I lost 26 pounds total and have kept my weight steady.  I'm stronger now than I've been in awhile.  So there's that.

My daughter sold the house she'd built 12 years ago and built a new one.  She stayed with us for 6 months until it was complete.  She's been in her new home nearly 2 months now.  It's beautiful and has an amazing backyard and I'm thrilled for her.

On Facebook, I've suddenly been deluged with friend requests.  Over 1500 in 2 or 3 weeks.  I've deleted some, blocked some crazy people trying to sell me something, and added a whole bunch of people I don't know.  As an author, I'm used to that, just not in the volume it's been recently.  I'm not sure, but I suspect this is due to that blog Romance Gems, which seems to be very popular.  What's weird if people I don't even know are sending me Private Messages almost constantly.  I've blocked some, unfollowed a bunch, and keep hoping it all settles down soon.  If not, I may have to reconfigure my personal Facebook account and direct all new people to the author page. 

I'm writing away - constantly busy - still under contract.  Working on a Colton's right now, with two more Harlequin Romantic Suspense on the horizon from the previous contract.  I love being busy.  I've been slowly putting up my backlist.  No new material yet, but hopefully someday. 

The RWA National Conference is going on right now in one of my favorite places in the world - NYC.  I'm living vicariously through my other writer pals on Facebook and IG. 

I'm still very active in the Boxer Rescue.  I love helping save dogs, though some of the things I see people do can destroy my faith in humanity.  No new fosters - we still have Keeper Truman - but I'm tempted on a weekly basis. 

That's it for now.  Morning musings, I guess. 

No comments: